The conference will be held on Saturday 5 October between 9.30am to 4pm at the William Booth College, Champion Park, SE5 8BQ.
The conference, organised by homeowners, will give leaseholders and freeholders who live in Southwark Council managed properties a chance to find out about their rights and responsibilities. In addition, it will provide an opportunity to hear from various independent organisations about the services and support available to them. It will also enable delegates to meet their representatives and peers.
Council officers will be on hand to answer your questions and help with understanding how your bills are calculated. There will be presentations from the council and independent professionals and an opportunity ask questions.
Confirmed guest speakers include:
- Cllr Kieron Williams – Cabinet Member for Housing Management and Modernisation
- an assistant director from the council’s Housing and Modernisation directorate
- Amanda Gourlay – Barrister and Gete Otite (CAB Homeowner advice project worker)
The conference will also feature a market place with information stalls. Exhibitors include:
- Homeowner Council
- Leasehold Advisory Service
- Service Charges (Southwark Council), Environment Department (Southwark Council)
- Communities Division (Southwark Council)
- Major Works contractors
- My Southwark Homeowner Agency
- Olden Property Consulting
- Leasehold Knowledge Partnership.