- This event has passed.
Our Inspiring Youth Conference
21st October 2019 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
2019 sees the 4th annual Evelina London Inspiring Youth Conference. Aimed at 11-16 year olds who use our services or live in our local areas of Lambeth and Southwark, this event is for young people who want to be inspired and inspire us!
Do you want to learn more about how you can manage your own health and wellbeing?
A range of local groups will be present to provide information on how you can take control of your own health and wellbeing, providing information on nutrition, what support is available in your local area and you can hear about cutting edge health research.
Do you want to contribute to our hospital strategy and inspire us to improve our services?
Take part in workshops on how we improve communication with our patients, the best ways to engage with young people and improving healthcare and support in our hospital and communities, particularly keeping in mind how young people move from child to adult services and how we could be doing more to ensure a smooth transition.
Do you want to be inspired this half term?
Hear talks from young people about how they have overcome their experiences and see art from Dhillon Kaur.
We are also very pleased to welcome Dr Ronx, Emergency medicine doctor as our opening speaker, who is known as a positive role model for BAME youth especially those from the LGBT+ community.
We want to hear your ideas!
This year we encourage you to submit a conference poster.
What is a conference poster?
A conference poster is usually a presentation of some research that has been done by a person or organisation attending a conference, these posters are then judged by experts and the winner given a prize. We are giving this idea an interesting spin and asking for you to present an idea on ‘improving care for patients at Evelina London’ both in the hospital and our community.
We have created a poster template for you to use based on themes that we know are currently important to patients. The posters will be judged by our panel of experts before the event. The winner and runner-up’s will be announced on the day.
We have identified three areas of improvement for you to choose from:
- Privacy – how can we respect your privacy in hospital and in our community? You could include ideas around technology, the way we speak to you and how we use your information, or something completely different.
- Emotional wellbeing – we know that supporting your emotional wellbeing as well as your physical health is hugely important. Do you have new ideas about how we can support your emotional wellbeing?
- Communication – How can we develop the way that we communicate with you? What would you like us to communicate with you about? Do you have ideas about the language that we use and how we could change it to suit your needs?
On your poster, please explain clearly:
- The purpose of your idea
- Describe the process you have taken
- Why is your idea important?
- What will your idea change?
- Let us know how the results of your idea will affect the way that patients receive care
Poster submission deadline:
Please send your poster submissions to Trish Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 4th October 2019, 5pm.
You will receive a certificate for attending and there will be a prize for the winning poster.
Please note this event will be photographed and filmed, so a consent form will need to be filled out in advance.
Trish Gray, Patient and Public Engagement Specialist
Jenna Heath, Evelina Education Coordinator